After a long hiatus, I have decided to get back on the treadmill! Before Sunday, the last time I had been on was before I started Weight Watchers in April. What a difference 25 pounds makes! The intervals Sunday night felt good... it was an easy pace. Tonight I decided to up the challenge just a little. I can tell you a few things:
1. It sucks when you finish your 5 minute warm-up only to remember you didn't stretch before you took on your 40-minute endeavor
2. I am not smart enought to stop and stretch properly
3. I already had an injury from playing the Wii (don't judge me)
4. I was literally dripping sweat
5. I wanted to give up
6. I did not give up
7. I feel awesome now (ask me again tomorrow)
Really, it's nice to be exercising again. There are some fringe benefits, too. For instance, when you finish a workout, those greasy chips just don't sound as good anymore. I've been reaching for the fruit after my treadmill time (maybe I should run before breakfast, lunch, and dinner, too).
See you at the Race for the Cure in October!
Make Me Smile Monday!
2 months ago