Wednesday, December 17, 2008

10 Fantastic Years!

Sorry for the blog silence... I've been in a whirlwind for the past month with the 3-Day, holidays, and now, my 10th anniversary trip to Vail with Todd! We spent 4 1/2 wonderful, fun-filled days in Vail. We went shopping in Vail Village and Lionshead, Todd went skiiing while I went to the spa and enjoyed a manicure and pedicure. Todd joined me later and we had a hot stone massage... can I just say "AWESOME!"??? We also got to go snowmobiling for a couple of hours one day, which was sooo much fun! It was bitterly cold that day- the high was 16 degrees in Vail, which is about 8,100 feet above sea level, but we went snowmobiling up the side of a mountain and ended up at 13,000 feet, so it was butt-kickin' cold! I can say that I honestly never imagined myself flying up and down a mountain on a snowmobile going 50mph and taking moguls, but now I have and I would definitely do it again.

We also ate. A lot. There was no shortage of good food where we were at and my sweet husband took the liberty of making reservations two different nights at two different fancy restaurants, where we were served several courses of gourmet food. Yummy!

Another highlight of the trip was getting to meet up with one of our dearest friends, Aaron, who was the best man in our wedding. We had been looking forward to seeing him, his wife and two precious girls, but because of the weather, we were only able to meet up with Aaron near his office just outside of Vail. It was so nice to be with one of the 614 crew again!

Also while we were there, the snow kept falling. Our second day there it snowed 18 inches! Over the course of the next couple of days we got at least 6-8 inches more, which made the drive to the Denver airport this morning a little rough. But I must say, it was absolutely gorgeous!

Our actual anniversary was the 12th, which was the day before we left. Todd gave me the sweetest gift (as if the trip to Vail wasn't enough)- he went to the florist who did all the flowers for our wedding 10 years ago and had her make a replica of my wedding bouquet out of artificial flowers, which look scary real, and put it in a pewter vase he had inscribed with our names, our wedding date, and Our 10th Anniversary. Is he good or what?!?

Here's just a few pics from our trip:

Snow, beautiful snow.
Todd on a break during our snowmobiling adventure.

A view from our hotel.



2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like fun and a great celebration of being married for TEN years!

I tagged out so check out my blog.

Michelle said...

Congratulations!! Man, 10 years. Since you are "so young", you must have been like 15 when you got married. Todd is such a craddle robber.

It looks like you guys had a great, relaxing time. You should make a digital scrapbook from your trip.