Friday, November 2, 2007

The 7 Days of Halloween

Well, it's official. I've never spent so much time celebrating Halloween. It all began last Wednesday when Payt had his FIRST class Halloween party at Mother's Day Out. That's right. The first. Thursday they had another one. That's right. The next day. Then, on Friday, Luke's class had a fieldtrip to the Pumpkin Patch (my baby's first field trip!). He and Whit had a grand old time running around together, jumping on hay, riding bikes and going through hay and corn mazes.
Next was the Fall Festival at church on Sunday night. what a great event Odra and the team put on! The boys loved the moon bounce, games, and trunk-or-treating. The picture at the top is of Luke and Hope at the festival. Just above is Payt and my mom (will the woman ever look at the camera?).
Monday Todd and I took both boys to the Pumpkin Patch since Payt had not gotten a chance to go yet. We went about 45 minutes before it closed, so we had to rush around. Payt was hilarious running after big brother and daddy in the corn maze.
Halloween day brought many more festivities. First was Luke's class party, which Todd and I got to go to. How fun to see him interact with his school buddies! Right ater the party was over, I got a phone call that my mom was being taken to the ER by an ambulance. She had some sort of super-dizzy spell at work and was unable to get off the floor. Luke and I spent the next 4 hours or so in the ER with my mom and dad (Todd and my brother were there for a while also). There was no shortage of "Oh, look at the cute little firefighter!" in the hospital. Apparently hospital workers dig the uni. Later, after my mom was admitted to a room and was doing a better, my dad took me and the boys to the place where he has physical therapy for his shoulder (recovering from rotator cuff surgery) because they were having a little carnival. It was pretty cool, actually, they played games, ate hotdogs and loaded up on even more candy!

We returned to the hospital for a few minutes, then home to get ready for trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Luke and Payt had an awesometime walking the neighborhood for candy. Payt would say the following everytime somebody answered their door, "Trick-or-treat-or-treating!" Too cute. We finished up by trick-or-treating at Gramp's house. From there Gramps and I returned to the hospital for a while. I'm happy to report that mom is now out of the hospital (still no explanation of what happened) and doing better. I'm also happy to report that Halloween is OVER!!! Now, if only I could get rid of all of this candy!!!

0 comments: