Monday, November 26, 2007

Run, Forrest, Run!

I know, I know... it's been forever since I've blogged. I have a good excuse! I took a week off and headed to the farmlands of Indiana to visit Todd's family. I totally disconnected from email, blogs, internet in general (what did I do??? Oh yeah, I knit some scarves). Anyway, I'm back and have lots to talk about since my disconnect. I'll take it in pieces and spread it over several blog posts. This one is dedicated to Todd and Rusty.

Last Saturday we headed out to Tulsa after Luke's soccer game and met up with Rusty & the fam for dinner. Payt wanted to sit by Mitzi and Hope during dinner (poor Mitzi... I hope that pepperoni comes out of your jeans...). It was lots of fun, but we were all anxious to get back to our hotel rooms to watch the big OU game. Several hours and many angry words later we finally got the the boys to sleep, then I couldn't bare to watch the game anymore (your breakin' my heart, Sooners).

Bright and early Sunday morning we all met up at the race site downtown. It was so much fun to watch all the runners! We lost Todd and Rusty in the jumble of the starting line, but eventually found them and then we were able to go to one spot to see them run by. I was so impressed by how effortless they made running look- I thought I might just get up and join them, but then I remembered Phoebe in that episode of "Friends" where she is running with Rachel. I wasn't afraid I would look like her... I was afraid Rusty would start running that way to embarass me. :) Actually, I just remembered that I couldn't run a half-marathon.

We waited at the finish line and I got to see Todd finish! I was so excited for him to finish his first half-marathon, and he did it under his goal time of 2 hours- he made it in 1:55:something (see the picture). Rusty finished not too long after him and they both got cool medals, which the children immediately confiscated as their own.

Below is the after-running picture. Still alive and smiling! Now they are planning their next half-marathon. I'm hoping for California or Hawaii, but I don't think it's going to happen. Hey, a girl can dream, right???
Congrats guys, I'm proud of you!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so awesome. I'm so proud of them! You should make it a goal to run one WITH Todd next year! You can do it! You're a much better runner than Pheobe!