Sunday, June 22, 2008

42

...That's the approximate number of hours my family and I spent in the car over the last 10 or 11 days. That's an entire week's worth of work hours for some people... and we spent ALL THAT TIME in a car (well, the Rav, but close enough). We have a DVD player in the new vehicle, but it's a little harder for the boys to see, and to be honest, they had gotten used to not being able to watch movies in the car, so they played together, picked on each other, laughed, picked on each other... but mostly they were pretty good, considering. We took off from OK to Indiana, then from Indiana to Arkansas, and all the day trips between.
While in Indiana, the whole family took part in the storied "Hog Jog," a run/walk near Todd's hometown. This was my first Hog Jog and I was very excited because I really, really wanted a Hog Jog shirt of my very own... now I have one! I did the 2 mile walk as a continuation of my 3-Day training, Todd did the 10K (and came in 16th place overall!!!), and Luke & Payt did the Runt Jog- a 1/4 mile jog that they both ran and did great in! This was Payt's first race, and he was very excited to hang out with "Sunny" the local radio station mascot who was there.
Oh, the cornfields outside Grandma & Grandpa's house...
Luke is normally not so fond of dogs, but he took a liking to Grandma & Grandpa's dog, Grace.
We broke up the trip from Indiana to Arkansas with a stop at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis, which was awesome! They had exhibits on comic books and characters, dinosaurs, Curious George, trains, animation, and plenty of other things... the boys had a grand ol' time!

Once in Arkansas, we got to see loads of family, which was really nice. It's been a while since we made it out to Pocahontas, so it was nice to be there. We went to my family reunion on Saturday for my dad's side of the family. My granny was there, with her 4 living brothers. They are all that remain of 16 children!

All in all, it was a great trip. We really enjoyed seeing family on both my side and Todd's. Next time, though, I don't think we'll do it all in 10 days!!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I remember our family trips, in the car....me and my two brothers in the back seat of a car, not a RAV - a car!!! hehehehe Loved the pictures!!

Mel said...

Hey - he goes to Victory and they are building a new building off of Western and 240 I think - You should check them out! Don't know how long it would take you to get there from where you live. How old is Luke?

Mel said...

Hey - We really like Victory. We really like the owner and D's coach. And they pray w/ the kids,which is nice to see. I think it would be great for L, is he interested or are you guys wanting him to be interested? I would just check Victory and Bart Connors out, we have always enjoyed the meets and etc. at Bart Connors, so I would just say whichever one you feel more comfortable. You can do a free class at both. I think one thing at Bart Connors that we didn't care for is that you can't watch your kids, they are in the gym w/out you. That might just be for teams though not classes. But if he is 5, he might join the team w/in a yr. or two so you might want to think about that.
Ok I wrote a book - sorry.