Sunday, June 8, 2008

Yada Yada Yada

News from the house:

Payt is completely potty trained!!! I'm sure not so exciting to you all, but extremely exciting to me. I will never buy diapers again. Woohoo!

I am now the VBS director for my church. Yikes. I need help. You want to help, right???

I pimped my ride. That's right. Long story, but here's the gist: When we bought our new Rav4, part of our deal with the dealership was that they would put XM radio in our vehicle. It was listed as an available option both online and in the book for the car. Anyway, days go by, they take my new car, give me a crappy rental while they are supposedly installing the XM, only to call and say it can't be done- all they will do is put an aftermarket radio on my dash. I. Was. Not. Happy. And I let them know. After many phone calls and a face-to-face visit, they said go to Audio Extreme and we'll pay for them to put an XM radio in. So I did, and now I have a completely new radio installed in the dash to look like it was made to be there. It is a nice touchscreen radio that my iPod plugs into from inside the console, plays XM, plays DVDs, and everything is accessed by easy touchscreen menu options. I can even plug stuff in via a USB cable. It's awesome. Thank goodness for mistakes...

I went to my very first yoga class this week. Didn't think I'd care for it very much, but I really liked it. (Yeah, Joan!)

This weekend I went on my annual pilgrimage to Plano, TX for the North Texas Race for the Cure. I went with Charlotte, Tracy, and Cindy. We had the best time! This was my 3rd year to go and do the RFC- what an awesome experience. We had loads of fun shopping, eating, eating, walking, and shopping. I can't tell you what a great feeling it is to participate in the RFC. Thousands and thousands of people were there, all united for one cause. How amazing is that??? It is such a vibrant, emotional event, and I love it. I highly recommend you take part in one near you.

That about sums up what's been going on in my life since I last posted. Interesting, I know...

1 comments:

Jessi said...

Hey! I wanted to let you know that I told Odra that I would love to help with VBS this year! Now that you're in charge, I'm telling you! :)