Friday, June 27, 2008

Close Encounters of the Skunk Kind

Today has been a busy day for me... work, yoga, home- fix dinner, and finally, around 9:50 pm my friend Jennifer and I went out to do our 4 mile training walk (for the 3-Day). I don't usually like to go walking after dark, but I had Jennifer with me and we were going walking in my neighborhood- which is out in the country, but it's a neighborhood nonetheless. Anyway, we got a ways into the neighborhood when, in the pitch black, I saw the slightest movement next to the road. I abruptly stopped and told Jennifer to stop. Just then a big, fluffly, nasty skunk walked onto the road. As we backed off, keeping our eyes on him, he crossed back over again... to his other nasty skunk friend. Needless to say, we high-tailed it outta there. Our 4 mile walk quickly became a 1.5 mile walk, and you know what? I'm okay with that. I'll make that sarifice in order to be free of skunk stench.

In other news, I am completely addicted to games on Facebook.

5 comments:

Jeremy Kenney said...

Oh how I wish you were attacked by the skunk. Oh now that would be a story!

Lori said...

Whew! Glad you made it stinky free!

Unknown said...

Nice G. Glad you have good night vision Pam! Skunk stink is a BAD kind of stink.

Michelle said...

There are some stories that I just wish we had video with. I would love to see you and Jennifer backing off from those skunks. How funny!!

Jenny said...

I agree with Michelle - video would have been good with you two! LOL Just remember to keep tomato juice and vinegar on hand to wash the stench off.......at least that's what you use for dogs. Been there, done that. More than once.

Keep training for your 3 day!!! :O)