Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sooners for Christ Alumni Reunion

This weekend was the first annual Sooners for Christ alumni weekend... and it was fun! Cary M., Ryan F., and myself planned the intergenerational weekend that started Friday night with a dinner, entertainment (thanks, Kevin!), and lots of catching up. Saturday we arrived at the good 'ole Outreach Center bright and early to get ready for a tailgate party, then there was lots of eating, watching football, an awesome devo (great job, Cary), and more talking. It was so much fun to see everyone again!

The Outreach Center was my home-away-from home in college (even though my family lived nearby). I practically lived there and I made the best friends of my life there. So many things in my life have happened as a result of my being there and I wouldn't change it for the world! Oh the stories I could tell...

Thanks to everyone who made the trek, and for those of you who couldn't... start planning now- homecoming weekend next year... this is our new annual event!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Russ was really sad that he couldn't be there. He "lived" at the outreach while he was in grad school. And because of him, I got to meet so many great Outreach friends. What a great place for college students. I'm glad you all had so much fun. Hopefully we'll be in town next year!