Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ahhh... Memorial Day Weekend

We started out this illustrious Memorial Day weekend with a picnic at Payt's "school" Friday morning, where we played until we were completely exhausted. We followed up the day by buying a new vehicle later that night- we went in the dealership at about 6:30 and 5 hours later we headed for home with our brand new Toyota Rav4 (isn't it cool!). Oh yeah, and the kids were up with us the whole time. We didn't get home until midnight... need I say more???
After a busy Saturday of sleeping in, tree shopping and planting, mall shopping and a night out with friend, we spent Sunday afternoon near Lawton. We went hiking a little bit, watched the buffalo, had a picnic dinner and drove up Mt. Scott. Above is a great picture of my dad "Gramps" looking for bullfrogs with the boys.
Todd soaking in the sun.
Sweet Payt.
I love this picture of Luke... what a sweet kid!
So, we got home late AGAIN tonight after an unfortunate accident on top of Mt. Scott- Payt was walking on the rocks with us and the wind was really, really strong, so he was having a hard time keeping his balance. Then he fell down and ended up with a small rock literally stuck IN his knee. Todd had to hold him down while I pryed it out with my fingernails. My poor baby. After that, it was just time to go home.
Now I'm here writing this instead of cleaning my house to get ready for a cookout I'm hosting tomorrow for my fellow church staff. I guess I better get busy (even though it is almost midnight... yikes!). I hope you all had a great weekend and have an even better Memorial Day. Don't forget to remember and celebrate all of our military. Please keep my brother in your prayers as he's serving in Baghdad right now. Thanks!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cool car. Do you or Todd get to drive it?

I love the picture of your dad with the boys. You should blow that up for Father's Day for him.

Pam said...

Thanks... the car is for me. I got rid of the van (woohoo!).

Great idea about the picture!

Jenny said...

hello Pam! Love the new SUV. Glad it's for you! Michelle always has such good ideas on photos. Sorry I haven't written in so long. Thanks for the comment on my blog too. Been thinking of all of you a lot after seeing the Koch's last week. We had a GREAT time at DW with them. Take care!

Mel said...

I am praying for your brother and your family.
I like the new wheels - looks nice !!