Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

As mentioned in my last post, I hosted my office Memorial Day cookout at my house yesterday. We had a great turnout, good food, and lots of fun! I have to say, though, one of the highlights was watching the guys play the Wii. The pic above is of Darin, Jeremy F., Jeremy K., and his son, Derrick racing each other in a game of Mario Kart. Darin was the clear winner and I'm pretty sure no parent should let their young children play video games with Jeremy K. Let's just say he struggled. And he made it known. And he was fun to watch.
Here's the group of kiddos gathered around watching the big boys play. Before this picture, several of the little guys raced each other... and you might note that they ALL did better than Jeremy. Also, I think they were chanting "Yoshi" at this point in time, loudly and in unison (Darin was playing as Yoshi and I think he may have started the chant himself!). :)
So, it was a great cookout once again. I really enjoyed having everyone over. I'm so blessed to work with a group of people who I also consider close friends. You guys rock (although not so much on Guitar Hero...)!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. You guys really like the Wii? What game is your favorite (or the boys favorite)? We are thinking about getting it for someone's b-day that is coming up in a wk.

Pam said...

We looooove the Wii. One of our favorites is Mario Kart- very family friendly. I, of course, am also a big Guitar Hero fan- though some of the songs are not all that appropriate for kids- we only let Luke play a few of them. Anyway- I highly recommend the Wii!