Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost (In)Famous

Get ready, go to your DVR's and your Tivo's... then set them to record Dateline NBC this Sunday night. Why, you might ask??? Because my uncle, Jim Stogsdill, will be featured as the lead investigator for a cold case unit in Alaska as it chronicles a murder trial for a crime he solved. That's right people, I'm kin to the celebrities! :)

The taping of the show is kind of a funny story. They actually filmed for the show back in January or something. They spent an entire day filming my uncle standing by the water's edge looking "pensive"- which is something of a family joke now.

If you know my Dad, you will see right away which person is his brother- they have similar looks and very similar personalities. It's actually a pretty scary thing when you get all my dad, uncles and my aunt together. One uncle is working for Homeland Security, one uncle (the one in the show) is a retired cop and current investigator and fishing guide ("Fish Happens") not to mention the vice mayor of the town he lives in, my Dad is a retired military cop, and my aunt is the director of PR for UCLA (former editor-in-chief of the LA Times and PR rep for Steven Spielberg and the Director's Guild)... so lots of powerful personalities and even more- tons of laughs!

So, I'm done bragging on my family now, but be sure to watch Dateline NBC this Sunday and let me know what you think!

0 comments: