Monday, December 10, 2007

"Ice Storm 2007"

Here I find myself in the midst of "Ice Sorm 2007"- a name the media have so aptly given the inclement weather now upon us. I'm a little perturbed by the name, though. I'm fairly certain there were a few other "Ice Storm 2007s" here this year. That is why I am proposing a new Ice Storm naming system- similar to the naming of hurricanes and tropical storms. I'm thinking Ice Storm Abominable, Ice Storm Blitzen, Clause, Donner, Elf, and so on and so forth. What do you think?

I have some great pictures of the havoc ice has wreaked on our home and trees, but Blogger is not cooperating today- so maybe later. I will say my 3 1/2 year old house is cracking under the pressure of INCHES of ice on our roof. We have sprung a few leaks. To my insurance pals out there- any chance we might be covered??? :)

We have been pretty lucky, though. Most of our friends in the big college town down the road are without power and without safe water (power at the water plant is out) and here we are in the sticks- still have power and still have water! I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Anyway- we are enjoying the downtime and taking it easy I hope you're all keeping warm. Adios!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

John says you should definitely be covered, and it may even fall under home owners warranty! You should be fine, as long as it's not a flood...

Mel said...

I just read your last two blogs, Congrats on signing up for the 3Day - I will be praying for you, and will make a donation, if I forget, just remind me. I am keeping warm, we were only w/out power on Monday. I am praying for all the people who are still w/out power. Have a great wk.end.