Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Shameless Plug


Okay, I've gone and done something big. I registered for the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk in San Diego in November of 2008! I will be walking 60 miles in 3-Days to help raise money and awareness for breast cancer. I know, I know... that's A LOT of walking! I started training last night!!!
Many of you who read this know that I lost a very dear friend to breast cancer this year. Melinda had been looking forward to doing the 3-Day herself. Now I will honor her memory as I walk.
I thank Kathryn R. for getting me interested in doing this awesome event- she has done it 3 times now (she's a rockstar walker!). I'm nervous about all the training and time involved, but I am committed to doing this, and I'm very excited!
If you want to learn more about the 3-Day, you can go to the website here. Now here's the shameless plug part... I have to raise $2200 in order to be able to participate in the 3-Day. Every bit of that money goes to Susan G. Komen and the National Philanthropic Trust Project (I pay my own way there). If you are so inclined to contribute, I would be truly grateful. One awesome thing about contributions is that if you work for a company that does matching funds for charitable contributions, this should qualify and you can double your contribution just like that. If you are interested in contributing, you can do it online by going to http://www.the3day.org/ and clicking on "Make a Donation- 2008 Events." Next you put in my name and state and go from there.
It's Christmas time and I know many of you are stretched right now, so if you can't donate financially, I would love your prayers on behalf of myself and the team I am walking with. Thanks for your support!

1 comments:

Karin Lewis said...

Good luck Pam! I just did the 3-Day in San Diego for the first time this year and it was the most life changing event in my life! As soon as I got home I signed up for the SF Bay Area walk which will be in September the day after I turn 40 :-) Good luck on your fundraising, keep pushing! I'm finding myself $700 short and I'm scrambling to get the money together so I don't have $700 go on my credit card right after the holidays! I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. She will be with you on this journey so remember you're never alone!