Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hello, My Name is Pam...

and I am addicted to Guitar Hero. Todd and the boys got Guitar Hero for the Wii for Christmas. The first time I played, I swore I would never play again. My brain does not like for my hands to do two separate things at the same time, i.e. change notes AND strum. This is the reason I cannot play piano. But my stubborn side kicked in and I picked up that guitar again. Now I can't put it down.

Can I just say that my children have been going around singing, "My Name is Jonas," and "Welcome to the Jungle." Is it bad that my 2-year-old and 4-year-old go around singing Weezer? Today when I asked them what they wanted to do Luke said, "Sing Guitar Hero songs." They like to play their own little guitars while I play the game (or Todd). Payt especially likes "Rock & Roll All Nite." He even gets down on his knees while playing the guitar and singing.

I must say, with all of my practice, I am getting pretty good. I'm playing on Medium level and have come so close to perfection. I am obsessed. I MUST get a perfect score on something!!!

I think that's enough sharing for now. Well,maybe one more thing: did I mention that Luke and Payt are having a "Rock Star" birthday party??? Obsessed? I think so.

Is there a 12-step program for this?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE guitar heroes! My nephew has the first and the 2nd ones. We play it almost everytime we are at John and Janet's. It is a blast! I'm still on the easy level though. My pinkie finger is just too weak to do much.

Oh, you know you've played it too much when you lay in bed at night and start moving your fingers to the song in your head. Then you know it's time to take a break!

Jessi said...

Hahaha! So now I'm waiting to see a video of the kids playing their guitars! How funny!

Mel said...

Hahahaha - that is great - I have a friend has Guitar Hero for her son, and she enjoys playing it greatly too. I have not played it, but I hear it is the fun thing right now. And I think now a days, there is a 12-step program for anything. hehehee

John said...

I need you to convince my wife to let me buy the Rock Star bundle. It's killing me. I also really want to get GH3. I only have GH2 and GH 80's!

Pam said...

There's a Guitar Hero 80s for the Wii??? Holy Cow! I must have it! And I'll put the word in for you and GH3! :)

Cary said...

I'm almost finished with Expert career in GH2. My students say I need a girlfriend.

not so zen momma said...

The Adcox family rocks Guitar Hero (original and 80s). Sadly, I haven't progressed much farther than medium, so I'm impressed with your mad skills.

nikole said...

Haha! We are so glad to know that the gift was a hit. We weren't sure- but good to know the whole family is enjoying it. Do you have an of the pics from Payts 30 minute guitar solo on the red/white guitar? That was too funny! Better yet...did you figure out how to turn it off?