Sunday, January 27, 2008

Social Justice

My fellow Alameda buddies will know what I am talking about by the headline of my post... Preacher-Man Rusty has been doing a series at church called, "And Justice For All: The Church and Social Justice." This series, in my humble opinion is Rusty's best yet. So many of us go to church and hear about the same things we've heard about so many times- principles of how to live a Christian life. This series has been a call to LIVE the Christian life- to use your gifts and talents in ways that maybe are not "traditional" avenues of ministry.

I have definitley been inspired to do more. There are so many needs in our community, our country, and our world. I'm working on what I want to focus on and do (not that I'm going to be the next Pam Cope). I already have some ideas, which I'll share more on later. In the meantime, if you don't go to Alameda and haven't heard this series, I really encourage you to go to the Alameda website and listen to the sermons online. This morning's sermon was the best so far, I think, but as of right now it is not online. Check back tomorrow...

2 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks Pam - I am going to listen to them. We have missed the series b/c we have been helping w/ the kids.

Amy S. Grant said...

I appreciated your comment today, Pam. And thanks for the link to Rusty's sermons. They sound right on.