Friday, January 18, 2008

Payt's First Trip to the Emergency Room

Well, as if this week wasn't bad enough... my sweet baby Payt got 4 staples in his head today! Poor child tripped over his blankie on the way to his bed for a nap and fell backwards, slamming the back of his head on the wood trim framing the doorway to the playroom. At first I thought he just had a bump and I picked him up and blindly put my hand on his head to see how big the bump was when I realized my hand was very warm... covered in blood! I calmy took him to the bathroom and got a washrag out to wipe off and stop the bleeding. Luke was a super big help and ran to get the phone for me so I could call Todd and have him meet me at Urgent Care. I also needed to put something over the huge gash for the car ride, so Luke ran out to the van and got the First Aid kit for me. What a superstar helper!

Anyway... Payt ended up getting 4 staples to pull his head together, but he was a trooper and didn't cry too much when they did it. Should be a fun night waking him every two hours, though...

5 comments:

Mel said...

OUCH - OUCH - Way to go Luke, what a great brother. I hope you get a little rest tonight.

Michelle said...

Poor baby. I've had 4 staples on the back of my head- not fun.

I asked Payt about it at church yesterday. Here is our conversation:

Me- Payt, let me see your owie. (he turns around) That looks like it hurts.

Payt- Mommy did it.

So I think there is more to the story here. Come on Pam, what REALLY happened? :)

Pam said...

he meant Mommy put cream on it!!!

Michelle said...

Sure he did. I know he's not quite three, but he speaks pretty clearly for his age. He definitely said, "Mommy did it." :)

Barbie said...

I thought about asking you how it happened during life group the other night. Don't feel too bad, I've had to take Dalton in twice to have his face glued back up. I've also had to take him to the ER because he hit his head on the coffee table. (should have listened to my mom when she told me to get the table out of the living room before he hit his head) I had to do the "wake him up every two hours" bit also. Around 5 am he started throwing up so we had to take him back to the ER for a cat scan. Ended up being a virus that the whole family caught. As the doctor put it, "Bad timing". That virus cost me a cat scan which wasn't cheap.