Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Update

Thank you to all of you who wrote such nice things after my post about my grandma (my mom's mom). I thought I would give you an update: The doctors have sent her home even though her breathing is not what they would like it to be because she is on a very heavy dose of steroids for her brain tumors, which suppresses her immune system. They were afraid she'd pick up a staph infection in the hospital, so she's gone home. One of my aunts is staying with them, so I'm sure everything will be fine. She is still very weak and could use your continued prayers.

On another note, we also got a call this past week about my other grandma (my dad's mom). She has been living with lymphocitic (sp?) leukemia for years now. She went to the doctor this week and the doc said her tumors have grown significantly. They have decided to start her on an aggressive chemo treatment every week just to keep her comfortable (the tumors cause her a lot of pain). She has to drive an hour and a half just to get to the treatment place because Medicare won't pay for her to do it at a closer place. So, needless to say, she needs your prayers, too.

Thanks for letting me unload all my requests here. Your prayers mean a lot to me.

2 comments:

Cary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how she was doing. I will be praying for your whole family.