Monday, March 3, 2008

Texas Sucks, Kansas Blows...

...So the weather here stinks. I'm tired of sunny 75 degrees one day, snowy 30 degrees the next and all the stuff in between. Can't we just stick with the nice, sunny days?

Last night I made a trip to Wal-Mart after Life Group to get much needed groceries. When I got to Wal-Mart it was a nice 68 degrees. During my one-hour trip it dropped to 40 degrees and starting raining... hard... and the wind was unreal! I checked out with my basket FULL of groceries and headed out to the car in the monsoon. As I was literally throwing grocery bags into the trunk, a particularly hard gust of wind came through and slammed the trunk lid onto my head. It didn't feel good.

When I finally made it home, I trudged in literally soaking wet. I went straight to the bathroom to make sure my head wasn't bleeding (not sure my head could take any more trauma after a childhood full of emergeny room trips... gee I wonder where my boys get it...). Poor Todd asked what was wrong and I responded by making him unload all the groceries so I could take a nice, hot bath. Needless to say, I had a nice headache for the rest of the night. It was a lot of fun. Really, I love Oklahoma weather.

Mexico, here I come!

8 comments:

Jessi said...

Wow! Feeling for you!

Jenny said...

After my trip to Walmart I headed to KFC where the workers were freaking out that there was a tornado warning. I thought of you but had forgotten my cell phone. I agree this weather sucks! Bring on the sunny days.
Mexico Smexico;(

Jeremy Kenney said...

Oh how I wish I would have seen that trip to Walmart. Not going to lie I would have loved it!!

Jessica said...

You're going to have so much fun in Mexico!

Funny how trips like that can help the headaches melt away...

Unknown said...

I agree with Jennifer L... Mexico Smexico with and added Pppplllll (sticking my tongue out making ugly noises)!

Mel said...

Hahahaha - I am sick of the up/down weather too. Hope your head has recovered.

Michelle said...

Ha! You were out in that crap? Do you not watch the weather? I am glued to the tv when I know weather is supposed to be bad. Even during the concert, I kept checking the radar on Russ' blackberry!

Jenny said...

warm and sunny in fla - come visit! I've only heard the wind is bad during hurricane season. I think that starts soon. Oh well, we have to have something exciting. ha