Monday, April 21, 2008

In a Funk

I know, I know. It's been forever since I posted. Sorry! At first, I just couldn't think of anything to write. Now, I'm just in a funk. Yesterday morning I found out that Hal B. passed away. Hal and his wife, JoAnn, have been huge examples of faith to me at Alameda. I've known them since I first came here in the 9th grade. Hal was big-time into the Scouts program and he was the leader of the Medical Explorer troop I was a part of in high school. Aside from being a really nice, funny man, he was genuinely compassionate and a wonderful person. He will be missed by a lot of people, me included.

Another pillar of our church, Bud D., suffered a massive heart attack last week. As of this morning, he was deemed brain dead. I've been up to the hospital a couple of times visiting with his wife, Ella. I am so torn up with the pain my church family is feeling. On the other hand, I have been overwhelmed by the faith of each of these women. Of course they are hurting, but in their time of grief, they are concerned about other hurting members, and are quick to remind us all what is really important and where true comfort comes from. God bless these amazing ladies and my wonderful church family.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I didn't know about either. I will be praying for our church family, and for you. It is so hard going through trails, but we know we must.

Jessi said...

Amen to that! I too am so sad about Hal. I didn't know Bud. I cried and cried yesterday when the announced it in church. I am praying for JoAnn and Ella and the whole church family!

Jenny said...

You have my sympathy Pam. I didn't know either of these gentlemen, but JoAnn is such a sweetheart. Both families are in our prayers. God will take care of all of you, no doubt about it.

Jessi said...

I meant to tell you today "Thank you" for your message on my last blog! It's good to know that someone feels the same way that I do! Payten had so much fun with your boys today! Payt said, "Come here Baby." haha! Too cute!