Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What's on your list?

Most of you know I am a total television junkie (can't believe we lost Steve Gutenberg on DWTS tonight!) but after the whole writer strike thing, my viewing has slowed drastically. This diversion led me back to a favorite pastime... reading. I'm not sure I can even count how many books I've read since January, but here's a look at some of what I read: The entire Alex Cross series by James Patterson (13-14 books, I think- I love crime/mystery novels); a Michael Connelly book; "The Kite Runner" (yikes, extremely sad, but hauntingly good); and now I'm about to finish "A Thousand Splendid Suns" (I'm a closet history junkie and these books by Khaled Hosseini seem to be a pretty accurate portrayal of what life in Afghanistan is like). Next I think I will pick up the last Women's Murder Club book by James Patterson.... after that... who knows? Got any good ideas?

This also leads me to a slightly humorous thing that took place at Barnes & Noble Friday night. Todd and I had just checked out and were walking out to leave when a man approaches the counter and asks a cashier to help him find a certain book. All we heard was her say, "Do you know the exact title?" The guy says, "No, but it's a true crime. I know the murderer." SCARY!

1 comments:

Mel said...

I am not big on reading, read some self improvment/help books from time to time and that is about it. I didn't know you enjoyed reading as much as you do. It's a wonder what we can do when we are not spending 8-14 hrs. a wk. in front of our T.V.'s hehehee