Sunday, November 9, 2008

T Minus 12 Days

The San Diego Breast Cancer 3-Day is officially less than 2 weeks away! Jennifer and I will leave a few days earlier so we can spend a few days in Pasadena with my Aunt... then we're off for the walk we've been training for for the better part of a year now. I've been nervous about doing this because of my foot injury that popped up about a month and a half ago, but I did 10 miles with the team on Saturday (they went 20, but I didn't want to chance making myself worse before the big event) and it went great! I didn't feel tired or achy. The foot hurt some, but I wore my brand new orthotics most of the day today and they seemed to help (insert old lady joke here).

So, in preparation for the 3-Day and to build up some excitement, Jennifer and I went today and actually dyed part of our hair pink. That's right... we DYED it! Are we dedicated, or what? It's actually kind of fun to have pink hair. At least for a little while!

I'm doing this walk for a lot of reasons. To honor the memory of a dear friend, Melinda; to honor my friend Jenny, who is fighting valiantly; to honor those who have already won the fight, like my Aunt Alyson and JoAnn B. But I'm also walking to raise awareness and money to help find a cure. To that end, my 3-Day team of 8 girls (including me) have raised almost $20,000. ALMOST because we are $400 short of that milestone. If you're reading this and you're inclined to, you can help us reach this goal before we go. Simply go to www.the3day.org and click on "Donate." You can type my name in and give online, if you wish. To all of you who have already helped get us where we are, "Thank You." We couldn't do this without you.

0 comments: