Thursday, November 6, 2008

He left a Kindergartener...

Tuesday morning I sent my oldest child to school ready to conquer the playground and new reading words. When he cam home, he had voted for President and asked to watch the news. What happened in one short school day??? The entire Kindergarten class at Luke's school held a mock election for President, which John McCain won. I asked Luke who he voted for and he said Barack Obama. I asked him why he voted for Obama. He said, "I just did Mom!" Later I rephrased the question and asked him what he liked about Obama that made him want to vote for him. His answer, "He had a nice shirt." There you have it. He was very adament about watching the election results on the news that night and was disappointed when he had to go to bed. His excitement rubbed off onto Payt, as well. At Payt's school that day he got to vote, too, but only for snacks! :) He did get into the election coverage, though, and both boys were very excited the next morning to find out who won. Wednesday morning Payt refused to go to school because he wanted to stay home and watch the new President on TV. I finally got him to leave by telling him we could listen to CNN radio in the car on the way to school... which we did the entire way! Crazy kids. So little but so big.

1 comments:

Erin L. said...

Carter voted at school too. He also voted for Obama. When I asked him why, he said it was because there are lots of B's in his name. He learned all about how we vote and made sure that I had voted. I love the innocent mind of a Kindegartener.