Wednesday, July 25, 2007

37 Days... and Counting

It's official. I have football fever. I am now counting down the days until the first OU game. Just 37 to go...

I was sitting on the porch a few minutes ago watching the kids play on the gator and "mow" the lawn. As I was watching them, I realized it's a really nice day. Unseasonably nice. It was actually nice, not hot, on the porch, and a light breeze to boot. I was taken to my favorite time of year... August through December. The newness of the school year, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Basketball and sweatshirt weather.

Summer's been fun and busy, but I'm ready for fall and football! Boomer Sooner!

4 comments:

not so zen momma said...

It's our first year without season tickets. We are really depressed.

Jenny said...

I noticed the "cooler" weather tonight too.

We share the same favorite time of the year. I'm not as crazy about football, but if you come across some tickets this year I wouldn't mind going again;)

Schwebbie said...

Is it okay if I look forward to the Sooner football season because it heralds the arrival of the Sooner hockey season?

Jessica said...

Boomer Sooner!

Texas Sucks!

OooooooooUuuu!

Can you tell I've got the fever, too?