Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Feel the Burn!

After a long hiatus, I have decided to get back on the treadmill! Before Sunday, the last time I had been on was before I started Weight Watchers in April. What a difference 25 pounds makes! The intervals Sunday night felt good... it was an easy pace. Tonight I decided to up the challenge just a little. I can tell you a few things:
1. It sucks when you finish your 5 minute warm-up only to remember you didn't stretch before you took on your 40-minute endeavor
2. I am not smart enought to stop and stretch properly
3. I already had an injury from playing the Wii (don't judge me)
4. I was literally dripping sweat
5. I wanted to give up
6. I did not give up
7. I feel awesome now (ask me again tomorrow)

Really, it's nice to be exercising again. There are some fringe benefits, too. For instance, when you finish a workout, those greasy chips just don't sound as good anymore. I've been reaching for the fruit after my treadmill time (maybe I should run before breakfast, lunch, and dinner, too).

See you at the Race for the Cure in October!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I admire you!! You look GREAT, by the way. I meant to tell you that at Coffee Talk.

We're going to start back on WW here in the next few weeks. We're looking to you for inspiration!

Pam said...

Thanks! It was good to see you at CT. I know you guys will do great on WW (although you already look good!). Let me know about your progress!

not so zen momma said...

WW is awesome! I'm down 50 pounds from the height of my pregancy!