Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another Year Older

Today is my birthday. This morning my sweet little Payt ran in the room and sang Happy Birthday to me. This is going to be a wonderful day.

"Mom! Payt pushed me!"
"Luke, you're bigger than him, you're okay."
"He's strong..."
"Don't touch each other."
"Mom..."
This is going to be a wonderful day.

Okay, so the morning is a little stressful, maybe they'll be better if I take them somewhere (this is the part where every parent reading shakes their head and knows better). So we load up and TRY to go finish a little birthday shopping for Todd (whose birthday is tomorrow).

"Payt, come back!"
"No, you may not get that."
"Why?"
"Because."
"Why?"
"Stop talking."
"Mom, Payt's trying to hug me!"
"HUG!"
"No, Payt!"
"HUG!"
"Hands to yourself!"
"HUG!"
"Payt, he doesn't want a hug..."
This is going to be a wonderful day.

A couple of spankings later, both boys are napping. This is a wonderful day!

Despite a rough start, I think there is hope for the rest of the day. Going to dinner with the fam at Saltgrass, then heading to Payt's swim lessons. Luke will get to swim, too, so we should all be happy and tired by day's end.

Then I can work on VBS.
This is going to be a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Yum . . . Saltgrass, what time;)

Glad to see other brother's have 'those kind of days' too!

Enjoy the nap time.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! (a day late, but I did see you Monday night)

Hope you found Todd's birthday present....and even more, hope he got YOU a good present!

Gabe said...

Funny! Happy (belated) birthday!

Derek said...

Happy Birthday! (only a few days late)