Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Class Clown

So yesterday I get back to work after lunch and there is an instant message from Todd awaiting me. It read, "Your son got in trouble at school today." (yes, notice the use of "your")

As I sucked in a deep breath, I reluctantly typed, "What happened?" Next came the story. Apparently Luke decided to lock himself in a bathroom stall at school and unroll all the toilet paper. Then he refused to come out when the teacher asked him to. Now, I'm not one for disrespecting the teacher and acting out at school, but I couldn't help it when I read the story. I laughed. Hard. A 4-year-old child did this. One of his little buddies did the same thing, too. I can just picture the first-year teacher tapping her foot outside the stall in a huff. I can picture the mound of toilet paper underneath the two separate stalls. In my mind (warped as it is), it's just plain funny. Both boys received the punishment of sitting during recess and they both have to use the classroom bathroom for a week instead of the big bathrooms the other kids get to use.

I can't help but think, though, Luke's timing couldn't have been worse. Tonight is parent/teacher conference. Should be interesting.

0 comments: