Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Just Pray

I come to you all again with yet another prayer request. We found out this morning that my aunt was killed in a tornado in Arkansas last night. The news, of course, is devastating. My family has been through so much lately with health problems and hard times and now this. Please just pray for my cousins, who lost their mother; their children who lost their grandmother; and the rest of us who lost a really wonderful person. My grandma is taking this especially hard, too. Just what she needs on top of aggressive chemo treatments.

I know it's easy to watch the news and think, "Man, all those people died in those tornadoes, that's terrible," then go on with your life. I ask that you will stop and pray, not just for us in the loss of my aunt, but for all the people who lost someone special to them- the news now says the death toll is in the 50's. Just pray. Thanks.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Definitely praying, and thinking of each of those affected.

Please let us know what we can do. Love you guys!

Jessi said...

Pam, I'm so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my prayers! Just let God hold you!

the Spocks said...

i am sorry about you Aunt. What was her name and where did she live? My family and I live in AR our county was not one of the one's hit though.

Pam said...

Her name was Cathy Stogsdill. She lived in Mountain View, AR.

Michelle said...

I am praying for your family right now. Was this your dad's brother's wife? I am so sorry for your loss. And to all of the other 54 victims and their families.

Jeremy Kenney said...

Pam thanks for your kind words! I am praying for your whole family today! Be safe and come back soon. The office is not the same when your not there!

Ryan, Jen, & Rowan said...

Pam:

Your family (all of those) are in my thoughts and prayers. When it rains it pours! I will esp. keep your Grandma uplifted as I can't imagine the stress she is under right now.

With Love,

Harp

Amy S. Grant said...

Pam, I'm sorry to hear this! Your family is in my prayers. I remember hearing about your family in Arkansas as you visited them through the years. May God comfort you all, especially your grandmother, during this time.