Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jenny.

I have no idea how to start this blog post. I've typed and re-typed and there is no good way to start this, so I'll just jump right in. My dear friend, Jenny Revlett, was diagnosed with breast cancer a week ago today. Since then she has learned that it is Stage IV- it has spread to her liver. She has undergone a battery of tests and continues to have test after test. Soon they hope to find out what kind of chemo she will be given (they are treating the liver before they can treat the breast cancer), and she will probably begin that in about 2 weeks.

Anybody who knows Jenny knows that she is one tough lady. She will fight this hard. She has two sweet little boys and a husband to fight for. I write now so that you will all join me in prayer for this awesome woman and her family. I will try to keep you updated on her condition until she feels able to blog herself.

Thanks in advance for your prayers. It's hard to be so far away from her right now, but I know she feels all of our love from here in OK.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

Wow, I don't even have the words. I'm so sorry for you and for Jenny and her family. I'm sending up prayers.

Rusty said...

My heart breaks for Jenny and her family. I know we are all very anxious about this news because of past experiences, but let's keep seeking God and praying hard. Is it alright to contact them or are they wanting a little space right now?

Pam said...

You can certainly send cards and emails, but try to stay away from phone calls right now- they are very overwhelmed. If you would like their home address or email address, give me a call and I'll pass it along. Thanks.

Michelle said...

I just found out on Sunday and have been in shock ever since. Why is this happening? Why does it have to happen to someone so young with young children? Why does it have to happen to anyone?

Could you please bring Jenny's address to church on Sunday? We only really talk through our blogs, but would love to send her something more personal.

Until then, I'll be praying. She'll be on every prayer list I can put her on. She's a fighter and I know Jenny has so much to fight for.

Ryan, Jen, & Rowan said...

You have my prayers; however, I have no words to tell you the depth of my concern. Sending you some love.

Odra said...

My heart is heavy for Jenny and the family but I know she is a fighter, believes in our awesome God, and has tremendous faith. My prayers are with her.