Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Welcome Home, Buzz!

Today was a wonderful day... my brother arrived home from serving with our military in Iraq! He made it home safe and sound after spending months and months in Baghdad. We sure missed him, and I know his wife and kids missed him terribly, too.

This morning my sister-in-law, my nieces, my mom & dad and myself went to greet him as he got off the plane. The guard base got us all special passes to go the terminal so we could actually be right there when he deplaned. It was a civilian flight, so there were a lot of non-military people, but also a lot of service men and women. It was such an awesome scene. So many families gathered around waving small American flags, kids with signs and banners welcoming their mom or dad home... and the crowd erupted in applause everytime someone in a military uniform got off that plane. I can't even describe how I felt when I saw Buzz walking towards us. I was relieved to finally have him back, but I was also very proud... intensly proud.

Since his arrival my niece (his daughter) has barely let go of him. She can't stop hugging and kissing him- it is so sweet. So, thanks bro. I missed you and I love you and I'm glad you're home!!!

1 comments:

Jessi said...

That's awesome! Thanks to your brother for taking time out of his life to keep us safe!