Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things...

On a happier note from the last post (I'm feeling better now, thank you), and in honor of Jessica's post on the same thing, here is a list of some of my favorite things:

*Hugs and kisses from my kids
*Laying on the couch with Todd watching movies
*Taking naps with my kids all snuggled up together
*Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas
*OU football
*Kirk Herbstreit
*Cold weather
*Sweatshirts
*Yummy homemade zucchini and pumpkin bread
*Historically accurate movies
*Starsky & Hutch, the movie (yes, I know, a departure from the line above, oh well)
*OU basketball
*Homecooked popcorn wth lots of salt and butter
*March Madness (aren't there still some people who owe me for winning this year's bracket?)
*My entire family
*My Alameda family
*Coffee Talk with the girls on Monday nights
*Being in a boat, on a jetski, swimming.... anything on or near water
*Watching my kids becoming best friends
*Snow
*Backpacking with Todd and friends
*Shopping
*Beating Todd at bowling, or for that matter, anything
*Witty comebacks
*A fire in the fireplace on a cold, dark night
*Victoria's fettuccini alfredo and cheese bread
*Sharing a bottle of wine and a picnic dinner with my hubby
*Days at work when Luke's school doesn't call to tell me he's injured himself (yes, this happened today- ANOTHER huge bump on his head, but he's ok)
*Doing, rather than saying
*Scrapbooking
*Shopping (did I already mention this?)
*Watching my children dance like rockstars
*Cookouts
*My iPod
*Listening to Granny Ruby talk (she's pretty sassy, can you guess if she's my mom's mom, or my dad's mom?)
*Game night with friends
*Doing the Race for the Cure in Plano and OKC
*Sitting on the porch at Granny & Papa Tyler's house
*Seeing Luke score goals in soccer
*Watching Payt practice with Luke's soccer team- he's pretty good
*The mother's ring Todd got me
*Tent camping in the Fall
*Reading a good book

Okay, so it's more than a few, but these are some of my favorite things!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

What a good list!

It's good therapy, isn't it? Counting your blessings during those dark and stressful time....