Monday, September 24, 2007

Good Times

So this weekend was the Revolve Tour in Dallas. I must say, I've gotta be an awesome sponsor. I got us all floor seats, so when the girls' favorite band, Hawk Nelson, came out, they all got to go up in front of the stage. Hawk Nelson actually saw one of our girls singing all the words to his songs and pulled her up on stage to sing with him. Talk about a dream come true for her! I really had a blast getting to know the teen girls of our church. I was surprised by the leadership qualities that were so evident, and also surprised by their taste in food. Dude, who likes What-A-Burger? We stopped there for dinner because we were in a hurry and that's the place the girls chose. Let's just say there was an incident with a bug in a burger. The manager came over and refunded Jenny J. her money, then turned around and told the cashier, "That's why I don't eat at this restaurant." We promptly threw away all of our food. Pizza at midnight, anyone? We now fondly (or not so fondly) refer to it as "What-a-bugger."

Today Luke came home all excited because his school was having a skate night and he really wanted to go. I had Coffee Talk, but Todd was able to take him, and he had a great time. He could actually get around on those skates without falling (Todd and Luke)! Todd also met some of Luke's buddies and their parents. It's so fun to learn about the kids your child has made friends with and watch them interact. I can't believe Luke and Payt are getting so big. It's funny how your kids age, but you stay in your 20s forever. :)

0 comments: