Thursday, August 16, 2007

First Day of Pre-K

Today was Luke's first day of half-day Pre-K at Blanchard Elementary. Luke was excited to go and play with Cooper and Whit at school! As we were leaving the house he realized Payt was not going with us (Todd was staying with him until I got back), he said, "Bye, Payt." Then he turned to leave and stopped dead in his tracks. "And Payt, don't touch my cars."

When we got to his classroom (after a grueling line of cars getting to the school), Luke walked right in and started playing! He was ready for school. A couple of hours later I went to pick him up (they bring them right to your car!), and he said he had a good day, except the teacher wouldn't let them play with the kitchen (there is a kitchen play center that all the boys quickly became attached to on Meet Your Teacher night). Other than that, he was happy to play on a new playground and in a new classroom.

If you can believe it, I didn't even cry! It was sad to drop him off knowing he is going to school every day now, but I think it will be worse next year when he is going all day, every day. That's a worry for next year, though. In the meantime, I think he's really going to like his new school.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Look at the EARLY MORNING SUN coming in through your windows. It is going to take me awhile to get use to this new schedule!

not so zen momma said...

What a milestone! Congrats Luke!

Amy S. Grant said...

I'm so glad Luke likes school. That is a milestone to start preschool every day. And how cool that he is in class with such great friends, what a blessing. Tell Jennifer hi for me!