Thursday, August 23, 2007

Peace

Services for Melinda were yesterday. I can't tell you what a wonderful job Rusty did... I have such peace now. I looked back at my last post and realized that God has really worked through all the prayers people have been directing my way. So many people have been so kind, lots of hugs and sweet conversations. I really do have an awesome church family!

I got to have such a wonderful experience that I think really helped me get over my anxiety about Melinda's passing. Mark asked me to put together a video for Melinda's funeral. I was so honored, and I know it was hard for him to ask because he knew it would be emotional and hard. I got to spend several hours at the Evans house Tuesday putting the video together. I spent about half that time getting to hear stories about Melinda from her parents, Henry & Julia. They were stories I had never heard, but I wasn't surprised by them, Melinda definitely had a lot of personality! It was so nice just to be together with the family. I know they're going to make it. Such a strong family and what a wonderful support system they have through friends and church. I am still sad thinking about the time I will miss with her, the things we were going to do, but I know there is joy in her new home in Heaven. I still feel a little selfish- I would rather she be here, but I feel some peace about it now.

A song I used in the video was called "Legacy." Melinda's sister-in-law, Nikki, said it best in the beautiful obituary she wrote (this is my paraphrase)... Melinda was a beloved daughter, faithful wife, cherished sister, amazing mother, and dedicated friend. What a legacy she leaves behind.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

The video you put together was wonderful Pam. It's the stories behind the pictures that are so important and I'm glad you got to be part of hearing them. It makes me want to scrapbook more. To get all of my pictures in albums WITH the stories. You know how bad I am about journaling! ;) Legacy was the perfect song for the video you did because Melinda does leave such a great legacy behind.